Molds

OverSoyed

We are planning to start our soaping adventures within the next week or so, but alas, the molds we want are currently out of stock at WSP til July.

7644.jpg

Measures: 3.5" x 8" x 2.5"

This mold would give us (8) 3.5" x 2.5" x 1" bars...

We would like to keep around this size, and would like to make loafs for cutting down to the size above.

I've see the plastic slab molds, and would consider them, but I haven't see many good reviews.

I've also come across this mold...

loaf_square_143_finished9.jpg

But I don't care for the look of the beveled ends, it would be a waste of some soap. Granted, they could be samples or for personal use, but you get the idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tristan

I personally hated working with the plastic loaf mold ~ I broke mine, and I'm incredibly gentle with my molds!

The green thing you posted reminds me of a silicone bread loaf pan ~ you could probably find a substitute for that at any kitchen store. Perhaps even Walmart, Target, etc. type stores.

That is a bit pricey... the green one above are 5 for $45 ($9.00 ea)

I would recommend a cheese keeper. My absolute favorite soap mold. I got mine off of ebay for around $7.00 shipped. Straight sides and the perfect size. I get 8 bars just over an 1" each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Tupperware-Cheese-Keeper-Holder_W0QQitemZ270401376977QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef52d92d1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

That's a cute idea!

I would recommend a cheese keeper. My absolute favorite soap mold. I got mine off of ebay for around $7.00 shipped. Straight sides and the perfect size. I get 8 bars just over an 1" each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Tupperware-Cheese-Keeper-Holder_W0QQitemZ270401376977QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef52d92d1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

i love my cheese keeper, its the only thing i use when i do a loaf.

But today while walking through garden ridge pottery (its a store with all types of home and garden goodies) i found these cracker storage containers, for like a roll of ritz crackers, nice and round with lids. Im gonna try these for round soapies instead of the pringles can

We've been working for weeks on design and so on. I saw their ETA was 6/1/09, but when I went to order it was changed to 7/1/09. BLAH!

Now it's back to the drawing board.

I'm hoping they order A LOT of them, so I can get my hands on a set of 5 before they are gobbled up.

As for now having lids... that applies only to CP right? Do you need to lid your M&P soaps?

That is a deal on the ones at WSP, but I've been waiting on them since April. They don't come with a lid/cover either.

I never use a lid, but I was comparing it to the one on ebay. The silicone molds can also be used for cp, so I think the lid would come in handy in that case.

I searched kitchen stores and other places looking for a silicone pan with sharp, crisp edges that will make a nice square bar of soap like the ebay mold, but there was no such beast.