Square Masons

For those of you who use 8 and 16 oz square masons, is the wicking the same in both? Mine are both the same diameter, so I would think they would be the same. I just finished testing my new 16 oz masons and I am moving on to the 8's. I use CD wicks if that makes any difference. TIA

Jen

The wick you have had success with in the 8 oz. is a good place to start testing the 16 oz.; however, you should not assume that the wick size will be exactly the same for both containers because one is much deeper than the other, which affects the burn. Be SURE to test the deeper candle all the way to the bottom, as the last half of the container tells the story about how accurate the wick is working for you (and, no, it isn't the same to pour a half-full 16 oz. jar and test that... A test candle should be identical to the ones you plan to market). Good luck! :)

Thank you. Yes, I already poured full 16 oz. Masons and have tested them the whole way to the bottom. I am now working on the 8 oz. Masons and i will test them all. I just wondered if it worked out to be about the same for both sizes...thats all. I mostly wanted to estimate how many wicks I needed in what sizes so I could place an order.

I think if you have the 16 ouncers dialed in, the 8 ounce testing should go very quickly for you. When I order wicks, I have learned to order a quantity that are a size larger and smaller than the ones I most commonly use 'cause some FOs will need slightly different sizes... Good luck!:)