Website Pics

Crafty1

okay, i am having a time trying to get my pics nice and crisp to add to my site. i have a digital camera with 5.1 mega pixels, so i don't think that is the problem. i believe i need to purchase some sore of pic editing software that has way more options then what came with the sony camera. can someone recommend a must have pic editing software?

There are few true image editors out there that can accurately resize images without distortion. Adobe PhotoShop is one of them. They have a 30 day free trial and the software costs $599 I believe. I use it daily.

Jasc Paint Shop Pro is also very good. This has a 30 day trial and costs $99 I believe.

Do NOT use other photo editors. They resize images by physical size, not by mathematis. They will not resize images properly.

You also need to really practice with your camera. Macro mode, and good light. A good camera can take good pics that don't need much work if you've got the correct lighting.

DH and I played once - I took a pick with my new Canon A95, he took the same pic with our old Sony 1 megapixel. His came out better :) without any editing at all.