HELP- I'm at my wits end....

ok as I have posted before I am a rookie but i am making some good progress in terms of what I want the finished product to look like and I'm getting pretty close.My problem is this,I started with soy/paraffin blend from Wellington and it was a little hard for me to work with as far as wicking so I thought it would be better for me to go paraffin so I started with 4627 and it threw great but was a beeeotch to work with as far as mess goes and I did not like the soft vaseline-like texture.I then moved onto 4630 and I really love the ease of working with it and its throw but it is still not the perfect wax for me, you see what I am looking for is just a little harder/firmer than the 4630 and I dont know what wax that would be?????I'm researching it to death and not finding the one pour ease of 4630 with a little more firmness and still staying with paraffin.Any ideas would be great.I only make container candles.Thanks in advance:undecided

You'll get as many answers are there are waxes. Some suppliers offer samples. You'll just need to try them all and decide for yourself.

I would trade 4627 for anything. It's not messy. Just slit the plastic and cut out the size hunk you need, or if you have a large melter, dump the entire block in.

I am thinking of trying 4633 or 4786 next.I think slitting the bag on 4627 and dumping the whole thing in a melter would be great but I dont have a large enough melter and as far as cutting it off in chunks AHHHHH! no thanks I have used knives,spatulas and ice cream scoopers and plenty of paper towels its just not for me.I will keep getting samples of wax to test and test and test until I find THE wax that will be good for me.Anyone else have and idea/solution as to what wax would be a little harder than 4630??? And Sliver why the heck are we up so late????

I like 6006. I bought some 4630, and just can't get it to work for me. It does have good scent throw, but I am having a hard time wicking it right. I used 6006 for years, then got a good deal on the 4630. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough with it, but now I got some 6006 on the way, and I am happy.

I use a soy/para blend that has that same soft greasey consistancy.

Too make it a little harder without loosing adhesion I add 10% of a straight 141 MP votive/pillar paraffin. It hardens to where I don't leave finger prints on my containers as well as give the wax a gorgeous glossy sheen.

HTH,

J

You'll get as many answers are there are waxes. Some suppliers offer samples. You'll just need to try them all and decide for yourself.

I would trade 4627 for anything. It's not messy. Just slit the plastic and cut out the size hunk you need, or if you have a large melter, dump the entire block in.

I was half asleep. I meant to say, "I wouldn't trade....."

You could try J50 or J223 paraffin. They're both one-pour although they don't hold as much FO as 4627 and you won't get the 'vaseline' glass adhesion you get with 4627. Hopefully you will find a wax you like from a supplier that is closest to you, because of high shipping costs.