Need Deoterant Recipe

netje

Bath and Body Works used to have the best every Raspberry Deoterant. Well, they stopped selling it and I can't find anything like it on the internet.

Does anyone have a good recipe for a deoterant like that?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think what makes deodorant work is the chemicals involved and I'm not so sure they'd be readily available. Saleswise, you might have to sell it as "underarm balm" because I believe you are making a medical claim if you use the term deodorant.

I think the term deoderant is fine, but there might be an issue on a claim that something you made in some way controls or alters perspiration as in anti-perspirant? I mean you can use the word deoderant for many applications and it does not imply personal use. Essential Wholesale has a nice M&P deoderant that I got a sample of, worked fine on me - you can customize it to your liking.

I haven't made deodorant, but I found a couple of recipes. I don't think you'll be able to duplicate the formulation for the B&BW deodorant because they use ingredients that will probably be very difficult for you to obtain, such as aluminium zirconium tetracholorohydrex-GLY. Other ingredients such as baking soda, tea tree oil, and aloe gel should be easy to get. If you look at their ingredients along with the recipes here, you might be able to do a bit of experiementing and come up with something you like.

Herbal Stick Deodorant (Snow Drift Farm)

1 1/2 tbspn beeswax (yellow is best)

1/2 tbspn cocoa butter

1 tablespoon coconut oil

15 drops white thyme essential oil

15 drops rosemary essential oil

25 drops lavender essential oil

3 drops castor oil Melt beeswax in a glass jar standing in hot water, Add the cocoa butter, and when it has melted, add the oils. Stir to mix thoroughly, then pour into a clean deodorant stick case and leave to cool and set.

Another common recipe found on various sites:

Stick Deodorant

4 ounces cornstarch

2 ounces baking soda

1 ounces liquid chorophyll

2 ounces vodka

2 ounces distilled water

8 ounces beeswax

10-15 drops of honeysuckle, rose, coriander or essential oil of your choice.

Mix all ingredients except wax and chorophyll in a bowl, stir thoroughly. Melt wax in top of a double boiler over very low heat, remove from heat. Add the other ingredients and blend well. If the wax thickens too much to be workable, heat again. As the mixture begins to cool, but before it hardens, add the liquid clorophyll and essential oils. Pour into molds. Let harden. Remove from molds. Store in a tightly closed container away from heat to avoid shrinkage.

thanks MissMary. I didn't know that WSP had a MP deodorant base. I have had some request for a more natural alternative to what is offered in the stores. Has anyone tried the base from Aquatech?

I love the base from Aquatech. It is not an antiperspirant, just deodorant. I use it straight, nothing added.