freeservers

fmsojka

I have spent the last 24 hours trying to switch a domain from them to a new host. It has been a nightmare. Has anyone else ever had any trouble with them, or with a domain transfer? The company must be based in India now, the people I am trying to talk to have very broken English, so that makes it even more difficult.

I can not believe what a mess this has been. I have been with Freeservers for 5 years, their customer service has always been non existant, but this is ridiculous. I have always renewed my domain name through them, on an automatic renewal. It is showing up as being registered through a site in Australia, which I have no clue about. When I tried to go there, it asked for an account number and password, which I do not have because it has always gone through freeservers.

I gave freeservers the DNS numbers, (three times now), of my new host, but they come back wanting an IP address from my new host. My new host says they dont' need it. Brother. I am so tempted to shuck the whole thing, (I have been working on the new web site for several months, finally got it completed), hire someone to build me a new one, and host it.

Any suggestions?

Try and find out who you registered the domain with. Freeservers is just a host right? Most host go through a domain server to register domain names as they get a kick back for selling the domain names.My host always sends me my domain name register and also the domain name server contacts me.I pay just $32.00 a year for 100MB space and 2000MB bandwidth and domain registraition.

All resolved. Yes, freeservers was the host, but my domain renewal was automatic each year through them. It was a mess, but my new host straightened it all out. Whew. I have had more help from the new host in the last couple of weeks, then I did 5 years from the other.

Go figure that most customer service reps are in India, with very poor English. Does not make sense to me.

Thanks, they really do like to 'help'. My grandaughter rearranges the store every chance she gets:)

Part of the reason I started this business was to work a business with my daughter. My mom and I ran a restaurant several years ago and I so enjoyed working with her. My daughter is now going to nursing school full time, but my husband is working full time with me. Little different, but we both really enjoy it most of the time, unless I am battling something on this computer.

Any suggestions about the web site would be greatly appreciated. I am still fine tuning it. It was a long time in the works setting up a new one. I hope I don't have to for a long time.