aroma ornament..making shiny question

chiptooth

I know I saw posted on one of the message boards (not sure if it was here or not) and I've done a few searches but couldn't find what I saw previously. I saw where someone added mica to their beads to get a "shimmery" look to the beads. Has anyone done this. I'm guessing it would be with the mica powder. Has anyone tried with plain ol' glitter? I alwo thought I saw posted somewhere where someone used the shaped glitter type confetti and I thought it was in the ornies but then again, I don't remember where I saw it and of course didn't write these ideas down because "surely I'll remember" My first thought when I saw this was wouldn't they melt 'cause I was thinking most of that stuff was plastic or is there a "metal" kind of shaped glitter? I am leaning toward making ring shaped ornies and want to make the "gem" sparkley. I guess I could just experiment but really didn't want to have to do just a little bit of beads to experiment..much easier if someone has already done the work!;)