Bath Salt Coloring

MissMary

Tried a search and found nothing specific to this one:

How do you guys color bath salts?

My recipe is pretty simple, just Medium Grain Salt, 5% dendritic and 2% FO. The coloring is WSP's Liquid Pigment (premade ultramarines and micas with a slight oil carrier).

I tried mixing it with the dendritic and FO. I tried mixing it in last.

Am I doing it wrong or mixing the wrong stuff?

TIA!

You can buy some at Brambleberry. I have their La Bomba colorants that I've used before. I've also used my Select Shades with no problems. KB also sells colorants just for bath salts.

I add my colorant to my oil, then add that to my dendric salt. I then stir my dendric salt into my salts. Mixing the salts with a mixer helps.

Since I put a small amount of oil in my bath salts, I mix the oil and FO in a small container and put a drop of colorant in that mixture. Then drizzle it into the dry ingredients and stir stir stir stir stir and stir some more with a large spatula, mashing the lumps as I go along. Works like a charm.

You can buy some at Brambleberry. I have their La Bomba colorants that I've used before. I've also used my Select Shades with no problems. KB also sells colorants just for bath salts.

I add my colorant to my oil, then add that to my dendric salt. I then stir my dendric salt into my salts. Mixing the salts with a mixer helps.

Shoot that was suppose to say TKB and KB. Sorry.

Folgers cans. I put them through the dishwasher and let them dry in the sun. Then, add salt, add color, add fragrance, and shake it up. When I'm getting ready for a show, I "hire" my 5 year old to shake them. Then shake them a couple times a day for 2-3 days or until the FO sinks in.