Newbie - Loofah Soap

DeAnna_EC

Hello everyone, my name is DeAnna, and I was wondering if anyone has tried to make a loofah soap with M&P

Ive seen a few on the web but Im not sure if you need to soak your slice of loofah before you pour the soap over it.

These seem so interesting, especially if you want to keep your feet and elbows looking nice.

Hi Deanna,

I make loofah soaps and they are quite easy and fun! I don't prep the loofahs at all, I just set them in my mold and pour the soap over them. Sometimes they want to "float" for a second until they absorb the soap, but I just push them back down and they do fine. You can either use individual loofah slices and embed them in a mold (this is what I do) or you can get a big piece of loofah and use a tube mold, then slice the log into bars. Easy peasy!

Thanks so much, I sliced my loofah and put it in a 1 cup measure cup it fit nicely...its funny how every container no matter how big or small becomes a potential mold for something.. i poured my shea & silk mp soap with some peppermint EO and crossing my fingers it will look nice