Contemporary Labels?

Grumpy Girl

I shouldn't even be thinking about this right now, but I'm going to be home for several months and I thought that while I was stuck in bed after surgery I could work on a future label design for my candles since I really won't be able to do much else. When I work, I generally work about 70 hours a week, so I'm taking this "down time" for everything I can get out of it.

I have photoshop loaded on my laptop, but I wondered what programs and graphics are the best to use. I am going for a more contemporary look, with tumblers and status jars so I don't have a clue where to begin. Most free graphics I've found are for a country look. I want to think a little out of the box for this but don't know where to start.

Any help is most appreciated.

I use photoshop and do my labels in 300dpi. That makes the best resolution for a crisp color label imo. Keep in mind the graphic will be huge and your laptop will need alot of ram but you will have a nice label. Also most free web graphis are 72 dpi or lower. If you know what you are looking for pm me or email me and I can give you a couple graphics to start you out.

Thanks Stacy, I appreciate the advice. I was wondering what dpi would be the best to work with. I just tore apart my lappy and upgraded/maxed out the ram about 3 months ago, and while I had it tore completely apart, I upgraded the processor as fast as the MB would allow, so lagging isn't an issue at all. (Sometimes it pays to be a total geek.)

I've got a couple of royalty free professional image discs around here somewhere from a friend I'm trying to find, but so far no luck. I'll send you a PM and maybe you can help me get my head on straight.

I'm not sure if it would be cost effective for me to print them myself, or go to a Kinko's type place. I guess it depends on the design?