Brighterscents.com FO Review

evesorto

I just got done checking out my Brighterscents.com Samples in Wax

I used igi 4627, fo @ 10%, 2 oz jar with an eco 2 wick.

The candles were small, so I tested in rooms that averaged 10'x12'. I am scoring throw on a scale of 1-10.

I lit the candles and checked back after 15 min. If the room was infused, I would rate the candle a 10. If the room had a light scent, I checked back 15 minutes later, and so on and graded accordingly.

Abercrombie & Fitch- I do not know the original, so I can not comment on "dupability". It is a soft clean scent. It threw about a 7.

Coco milk and Peach - This may be the best that I've ever tried so far. It is extremely strong cold/hot. It is a dup to ah and foh. It threw a 10.

Ezra- No comment on "dupe". The scent is a soft masculine scent and threw about an 8. Although completely different, in some way it reminded me of LA&O? But throw could not even compare (AH Lav Apple and Oak is powerful!)

Issey Miyake- I was expecting something similar to AH, but this is completely different. I found out that AH has eau de Issey, wheras brighterscents has Issey. It threw about an 8.

Cucumber Melon (premium soy)- unlike most cuc melons, this one can throw. It is not quite as strong as ICS, but it may be a nicer scent? More cuc, less melon (which I prefer) than most fo, I have tried. I liked it but I would only rate the throw an 8.

Tuberose- I really, really like this one. It is more "old fashioned" than the one from Lonestar, which (strangely enough) I prefer. Throw was phenomenal....a 10!

Lavender Martini- This is a twin to FOH. Throw was similar....about an 8. I do like this scent, but it is subtle as a candle....does much better in tarts. Pales in comparison to Lavender Leaves (see below).

Lavender Leaves- This is a dupe of Henri Bendel. The throw was phenomenal...a definite 10. The throw is very powerful, like CS Lavender, but there is something additional in it?

Grapefruit Rosemary- I really liked this. Neither the gf or the rosemary overpowered the other...a perfect balance. Throw was super. I rated it a 10.

Sensual Amber. This is a twin to FOH Amber Blush. Throw was phenomenal and the scent is beautiful. I rated it a 10.

These oils did very well in my wax. Of the scents I knew, the supplier offers perfect "dupes". I have seen great prices listed on their website for larger sizes. Now I feel comfortable in making that investment and buying larger sizes.

Eve

Ya might wanna check out Gellumiantions. Same FOs from the same company but a better price. www.gelluminations.com.

I just got done checking out my Brighterscents.com Samples in Wax

I used igi 4627, fo @ 10%, 2 oz jar with an eco 2 wick.

The candles were small, so I tested in rooms that averaged 10'x12'. I am scoring throw on a scale of 1-10.

I lit the candles and checked back after 15 min. If the room was infused, I would rate the candle a 10. If the room had a light scent, I checked back 15 minutes later, and so on and graded accordingly.

Abercrombie & Fitch- I do not know the original, so I can not comment on "dupability". It is a soft clean scent. It threw about a 7.

Coco milk and Peach - This may be the best that I've ever tried so far. It is extremely strong cold/hot. It is a dup to ah and foh. It threw a 10.

Ezra- No comment on "dupe". The scent is a soft masculine scent and threw about an 8. Although completely different, in some way it reminded me of LA&O? But throw could not even compare (AH Lav Apple and Oak is powerful!)

Issey Miyake- I was expecting something similar to AH, but this is completely different. I found out that AH has eau de Issey, wheras brighterscents has Issey. It threw about an 8.

Cucumber Melon (premium soy)- unlike most cuc melons, this one can throw. It is not quite as strong as ICS, but it may be a nicer scent? More cuc, less melon (which I prefer) than most fo, I have tried. I liked it but I would only rate the throw an 8.

Tuberose- I really, really like this one. It is more "old fashioned" than the one from Lonestar, which (strangely enough) I prefer. Throw was phenomenal....a 10!

Lavender Martini- This is a twin to FOH. Throw was similar....about an 8. I do like this scent, but it is subtle as a candle....does much better in tarts. Pales in comparison to Lavender Leaves (see below).

Lavender Leaves- This is a dupe of Henri Bendel. The throw was phenomenal...a definite 10. The throw is very powerful, like CS Lavender, but there is something additional in it?

Grapefruit Rosemary- I really liked this. Neither the gf or the rosemary overpowered the other...a perfect balance. Throw was super. I rated it a 10.

Sensual Amber. This is a twin to FOH Amber Blush. Throw was phenomenal and the scent is beautiful. I rated it a 10.

These oils did very well in my wax. Of the scents I knew, the supplier offers perfect "dupes". I have seen great prices listed on their website for larger sizes. Now I feel comfortable in making that investment and buying larger sizes.

Eve

Thank you! They are the same company. Luckily, I got the ten samples for $10 (they were on sale). Honestly, I was scared when I saw that I could get many fo at $0.80 per ounce; I didn't think they could be any good....but they are truly awesome.....atleast the ones that I tried.

By the look of Gellumination, it seems that they may alternate the special pricing between the two sites (ie- one week brighterscents and one week Gellumination)?

I don't see this company reviewed on this board; I don't get a sense that they are new. I thought that was unusual, but nonetheless, I gave them a try and I am glad that I did.

I will definitely buy the Coco Peach, Lavender Leaves, Grapefruit & Rosemary, Sensual Amber and Tuberose in large sizes at some point (when I use some of what I have already).

I don't even have a business and yet, I have 100's of ounces of fo....it's scary really:p

Eve