Soap not creamy looking

izzy2

I made a cp soap a while ago (my first batch) and the non coloured soap part of it isn't real creamy or white looking. It almost has a dirty or greyish tinge to it. How do you get this to look better? Is it something I did in the process?

It could very well be the fragrance oil you used. Some fragrance oils are notorious for discoloring soaps. I would check to see if your fragrance oil is listed over at the ScentReview Board:

http://scentreviewboard.obisoap.ca/index.php.

It's a great place to research different fragrance oils from different vendors before you decide to buy any. On the site, people write in with their soaping experiences using such and such a fragrance oil from whatever vendor. Before I buy any fagrance oil, I always check things out over there first. The list isn't 100% complete, but it's pretty darn big, nevetheless, and your fragrance might just be one of those that are listed.

HTH! :)

MarieJeanette

Fragrance oils can discolor, but usually it's more toward a brownish tan

color. I know making cphp (hot processed) soap in aluminum pan will can cause the soap to discolor to a greyish color. Also some purples like

purple oxide can be grey in color is not enough is added (my experience.)

And the color of the soaping oils add there own influence on the finished

product.

Judy N.