Scrub Bars

kidsngarden

I would really like to make a scrub bar. (not soap with scrubbies in it, but more like a lotion bar with scrubbies in it) Anyone have tips? Recipes? I've tried one formulation but it was just too hard! TIA,

Bethany

Forgive me, I'm running off 2 hours sleep in the last 24 hrs so I may just be confused, but do you mean an actual lotion bar that that you rub on after bathing that has scrubbies in it? If that's what you mean, I'm thinking "ouch!" :D

Forgive me' date=' I'm running off 2 hours sleep in the last 24 hrs so I may just be confused, but do you mean an [i']actual lotion bar that that you rub on after bathing that has scrubbies in it? If that's what you mean, I'm thinking "ouch!" :D

They are a solid sugar or salt scrub you use in the shower. They look like a bar of soap but have no soap in them. I think they would be great as you do not have to worry about a mess like you get from the jar scrubs and still be able to use your favorite soap. I would love to know more about them. I have also searched and found little about formulating them and recipes. Hopefully someone will pop in and know where to look for the info.

They are a solid sugar or salt scrub you use in the shower. They look like a bar of soap but have no soap in them. I think they would be great as you do not have to worry about a mess like you get from the jar scrubs and still be able to use your favorite soap. I would love to know more about them. I have also searched and found little about formulating them and recipes. Hopefully someone will pop in and know where to look for the info.

Yes, this is what I mean. I will try the dish (if I have to - I've been avoiding joining another forum!)

Bethany

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've never heard of or even used one before, but it does sound interesting. Now I gotta go hunt down a scrub bar to see if it's something I like :D

This is like the best kept secret on the net or I'm and idiot. (which could be...) Searched the dish using apres glow bar and then then Cathy MB. I get tons of references to it, but no recipe. Searched the archives as well.

I searched here to - and in the archives. no luck.

I think I will start another thread asking for the recipe...

Bethany