Mailing lists

I have a bravenet code in my site for people to sign up for my mailing list. It has been there for over a month. I have only had one person sign up for it. I also just sent out a new newsletter with information that if they sign up for the mailing list their name will be put into a drawing for a $5 gift certificiate. No one has signed up yet!

I am getting really frustrated with little to no sales. I don't think my site looks that bad and I think my prices are pretty fair. I hate to put money into my products (especially since I have to buy on credit right now) if they are just going to sit there.

Anyone have any other tips to bring them to my site? I am planning on having a few holiday sales a bit closer to thanksgiving and I understand that people are getting tighter with money having to pay for heating and regular gas for cars going up.

Thanks,

Steph

I checked out your site.. Very Nice BTW...

Maybe you can add the advantages to signing up for your newsletter..

Like :

Sign up for my newsletter today so you don't miss out on the speciall sales and discounts that I give to newsletter customers only. :cheesy2:

OR:

Sign up for my newsletter today and receive a free soy melt with your next purchase. (Then send them a voucher for a free melt..)

Entice them to sign up.

I have about the same luck I think it just takes time to build up a following

I have about 3 on my list which isn't great either

I also started a blog but it is hard to tell if anyone really is interested in reading it often. I can see I have views just not how many would be repeat viewers

still 1 person on your list is better then none and you have to start somewhere

if you do craft shows take a list and get the people to put the email addresses on there. I think that might speed up your list faster.

I don't do craft shows yet myself so I have to tough it out

actually am I blind I don't see where to sign up for your newsletter on your website

I have read(marketing books) they say it is best to mention the join email list in as many places as you can on the website. that tends to make people more likely to sign up

I know I need to work on that on my site

actually am I blind I don't see where to sign up for your newsletter on your website

I have read(marketing books) they say it is best to mention the join email list in as many places as you can on the website. that tends to make people more likely to sign up

I know I need to work on that on my site

Ya you are :P

Its the BIG BOX on the bottom of the homepage lol