Manual card imprinter

flutterbye

I am getting ready to order an imprinter for my upcoming shows and was wondering on the plate, what info besides your business name do you need to put?

Also, I have paypal for my website now and am wanting to do the thing where you go home from shows and manually enter the cc yourself. They want $30/mo where propay is $34/year, So I'm thinking of just opening a propay acct for just this purpose. I tried to set up a mals cart for my site and then was wanting to use propay with it, but I cant seem to figure out how to set that up. Anyone else do this? Have any input or suggestions??

There's a spot in the mals admin section where you check off that you want to take credit cards. When you do that, and your customer selects that pay method, they'll be taken to a secure page where they can enter the information.

When you are notified of the order, you have to log into your mals account with a special password (you set up another one to get to payment information), and you can then cut and paste the information into propay. It's a manual process.

Your cc processor will supply the imprinter plate when you tell them you have a manual imprinter. The plate contains your merchant ID, business name and address, as I recall. It's kind of standard. We used to use one for years and went through several cc processors. Each processor supplied the plate. HTH

• 2 months later...