same wicks, two suppliers = different wicks?

I'm testing a new wax and re-visiting using eco wicks with it. I have eco wicks from two different suppliers, but when I compare the same size (for example Eco 8) from both suppliers they are obviously different sizes - one is visually larger in diameter...both are labeled eco 8 - they are also slightly different colors (which could be the wax they are primed with). From supplier 1 they are tightly woven and the primer wax is solid/firm; these burn hotter and faster than those from supplier 2. These are woven less tightly and are "limpish" (if that's a word).

I thought all Eco's were manufactured by a German company Wedo...I guess what I'm wondering is if there is more than one manufacturer of the Eco series? Suppose it's also possible I've received wicks that are mis-labeled?

I've found this too tho I usually buy my wick on a spool.

I recently bought more Eco 4 from a different supplier, as the original is no longer around, & it looked completely different.

I did a comparison burn with 2 votives made exactly the same but with wicks from each supplier & thankfully the new wick burned just as well as the old if not slightly better.

So now I'm wondering if Wedo has changed the wick slightly.

Sally.