tutti dolce body soufle

roxi4112000

did any of you evertry this! its awesome:yay: :yay: :yay: only their not carring it anymore, Im new to the bath and body, ive only played around with it a little. do any of you more experienced have any suggestions before I start trying to acheive this body butter, I thought that it had alot of oil compared to a whipped body butter.

It is more a "cream" than a butter. It is thick and shiny, but absorbs very quickly.

The ingredients are:

Water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, glyceryl stearate, isocetyl stearate, myristyl myristate, fragrance, hazel seed oil, cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, stearic acid, sweet almond oil, polyacrylamide, shea butter, illipe butter, honey extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, panthenol (pro vitamin B5), sweet almond protein, hydrolyzed oat protein, hydrolyzed silk, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), C13-14 isoparaffin, ceteareth-20, cetyl alcohol, carbomer, triethanolamine, laureth-7, BHT, trisodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, yellow 5, red 4, blue 1

Water

caprylic/capric triglyceride = Fractionated Coconut Oil

glycerin = humectant

C12-15 alkyl benzoate = emollient

glyceryl stearate = emulsifier and skin conditioner

isocetyl stearate =

myristyl myristate = emollient

fragrance = either this is a lot of fo or the following amounts are under 1-2%

hazel seed oil = light non-greasy oil for combo skins

cetearyl alcohol = thickener

polysorbate 60 = emulsifier

dimethicone = silicone/skin protectant

stearic acid = thickener/co-emulsifier

sweet almond oil = medium weight oil

polyacrylamide = Antistatic agent / Binding agent / Film former

shea butter = semi-solid butter

illipe butter = hard butter

honey extract = you can probably use regular honey or Honeyquat here

aloe barbadensis leaf juice = aloe juice not gel

panthenol (pro vitamin B5) = nutrient

sweet almond protein = not sure where to get this; haven't seen it at any supplier yet

hydrolyzed oat protein = protein (think Aveeno)

hydrolyzed silk = liquid silk is the best! (use at 1-2.5%)

tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate) = helps with rancidity and extend oil shelf life

C13-14 isoparaffin = Emollient / Moisturiser / Solvent

ceteareth-20 = emulsifier

cetyl alcohol = stabilizer/emollient

carbomer = thickener

triethanolamine = increases ph of lotion

laureth-7 = emulsifier

BHT = antioxidant

trisodium EDTA = boosts the preservative system effectiveness

phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben = preservative

yellow 5, red 4, blue 1 = coloring

I imagine you'll be hard pressed to even come close to this with basic ingredients of oils, water, and emulsifiers. The combination of emollients, film formers (incl. proteins), thickeners, etc. all work together to give the luscious feel yet fantastic absorbtion and silkiness. Alot of grief can be given to BBW for the chemicals and other ingredients they use, but this line was one of the better ones and kudos to their formulators. Judging by the price tags, they knew it, too. Unfortunately, that's probably the reason they pulled it in the end.

Sweet almond protein can be seen in many high end moisturizers. I've been hoping one of the suppliers would eventually be able to source this from Cognis.

The FO percentage could go either way. I have a feeling that BBW uses more than the 1-2% common among homecrafters/smaller companies, but the remaining ingredients at only 1-2% each isn't a stretch either.

That stuff was wonderful and I'm sorry to see it go. Smelled great and the scent lasted like good perfumes do. I loved the sugar cookie but loved them all. It jar lasted for a long time too. I wish I could find a higher end cream or lotion for my family and me. I also loved there lotion with silk but I didn't like the scents. I'm more a desert type, not the musk or flower, don't even care for the fruit much. Guess it's a vanilla thing.