2 oz bulb pot wicking suggestions

gratefully accepted. I am making palm wax container candles using 2 oz bulb pots and my supplier recommended CD12 and CD14 as good wicks to use. While one or the other works quite well on some fo / dye combinations with others one size generates a flamer thrower while the other size (and not necessarily the smaller size) has the wick almost drowning. So I'm wondering what other people use in this type of container? TIA Mozzie

palm wax container candles using 2 oz bulb pots and my supplier recommended CD12 and CD14 as good wicks to use.

I dunno the diameter, but 2 oz. candles are usually pretty small! A CD12 or 14 sounds terribly overwicked to me.

I have noticed that MANY people are overwicking (and advising others) veggie waxes. These waxes don't burn as quickly as does paraffin, but it seems like folks are in a hurry to get a full melt pool regardless of the characteristics of the wax they are using.

I have been testing CDs with smaller candles as I cannot find CDNs (which I would much rather use) in small quantities in less than an 8. A CDN 8 is too much wick for a standard votive. I have been having good success with CD5-7s in both soy and palm waxes.

I use CDN 14s in 3"+ diameter containers (5-12 oz) if that gives you any point of comparison.

If you will let us know the diameter of the jar, it will help us to make more informed suggestions. HTH :)

If you will let us know the diameter of the jar, it will help us to make more informed suggestions. HTH :)

Sure Stella, the diameter is 2". And I agree that CD12 and CD14 seem very large for such a small container but they do work for many palm / dye / fo's combos. I'm mainly interested in what other people use to wick their palm containers that aren't CD's (or CDN's). HTH. Mozz

I'm not sure about wicking them- we'd need the diameter of the jar (measured across)... but where'd you find bulb jars that small? Appreciate the lead because I like the bulbs. I have used 5 oz and 9 oz in the past.

:)

Violet, I buy my bulb pots in Australia. Here's the link in case they can tell you where they source them: http://www.naturalcandlesupply.com.au/browse.php?cid=399

I notice that they now call them 85g but know that they only hold 65g of wax plus fo and dye.

Violet, I buy my bulb pots in Australia. Here's the link in case they can tell you where they source them: http://www.naturalcandlesupply.com.au/browse.php?cid=399

I notice that they now call them 85g but know that they only hold 65g of wax plus fo and dye.

I bet that'd be a whole lot of shipping costs for me then! Wow. I should wake up a bit more before I reply... haha.

I hope Stella helped you with your wicking dilemma. :)