CW FOs

JacquiO

Candlewic is offering a free pound of FO with a $75 purchase. I was planning on ordering some wicks and want to take advantage of this offer.

I don't normally use their oils. I need one that works well in soy. Looks like you can choose from their standard and ultimate line. Any recommendations?

TIA,

Jacqui

Stay with their Ultimate line for sure. When I first started...almost 7 years ago...I ordered from their regular line and let's just say I was really disappointed.

I use a blend...KY Perfect Blend and 50/50 wax. Using 8% FO the ones that throw really well are Sand & Sea Spray (really love this one), Sage & Cinnamon (Yank## type) and after a longer cure time the Toffee Cinnamon Apple throws great. The Spiced Vanilla (Body Shop type) threw pretty good but I wanted it more for lotion and will eventually test in my votive/tart wax.

What did not throw well at all for me is their Fresh Vanilla and Bartlett Pear.

Sun Ripened Raspberry throws great but...to my nose it is not an exact dupe of B&BW. The best and closest SRR that I ever poured was from Sweetcakes.

Maggie

• 4 months later...