Cream Soap Stages

Crystala25

I made cream soap yesterday, using the hp method. I left it over night and when I checked on it this morning it had seperated. I took a stick blender to it and it now looks like taffy. Will it seperate again? Or what is my next step or stage? I joined the cream soap group on yahoo, but my computer won't let me in there right now. Can anyone help me with this?

If you only cooked it for 45 minutes to an hour then you need to either ditch it in the trash or put it back on the cook for another 3-5 hours. Cream soap take much longer than 45 minutes to cook. After 45 minutes it probably has not even hit stage 2 yet. Once it is done cooking it should be kind of hard and translucent like hard vaseline. After sitting for 24 hours it will loosen up and gain a sheen to it as if it is growing marshmallows, and after another 48 hours it should whip up like whip cream.

This is my cream soap after an overnight cook (yes you read correctly, an overnight cook!) and me letting it sit for a few hours.

100_0506.jpg

And the finished product that I use it for:

1009616cr4.jpg

Your's looks great, just like whipped cream. Okay, I through it back in the crockpot and let it cook for 3.5 hrs last night. It turned really hard and the color went more see through than creamy. Candlespastore, it looks just like you said like hard vaseline, lol. Then I turned it off and let it sit overnight. I'll wait another day before I try whipping it up. Thanks so much.