perfumers alchol ?

malaki

does anybody use the perfumers alcohol from snowdrift and am i reading this right that we can buy this without a permit and sell it. also how close is it to perfume that you would buy at major retailers. last ? is do any of you make perfume using this and does it having staying power after being sprayed on the skin. im interested in this for the reason i can never find a body mist spray that has any staying power. thank you for any help.

I don't believe you can resell the pefurmer's alcohol itself. You can purchase it without a license and mix it up with other ingredients. But it takes a special license to manufacture and sell the actual alcohol. Snowdrift has a great section on what pefurmer's alcohol is and the laws regarding it.

In the right column, half way down the page:

http://snowdriftfarm.com/askthechemist.html

That being said, I've never used it. Sorry. Not that I have anything against alcohol, but I prefer oils.

I do know that most body mists and eo based perfumes don't "stick" because there is, typically, no fixative included in the recipe. Most, not all, fixatives are chemical based. Basically, a fixative will delay the evaporation of the perfume, making it last longer.

You can use glycerin, which should dissolve in pefurmer's alcohol. Other fixative's include benzoin (which is a sensitizer) and other resins.

On a side note, fragrance oils will probably last longer than eo's, which tend to evaporate at a very quick rate.

If you're looking for your own use, not to resell, you can use cheap vodka. I have a body spray I made over a year ago with an oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and really cheap vodka. I found it yesterday and it's as good as ever. I know you CANNOT sell this though.

I know people were using BPAL oils and perfumer's alcohol and selling them on forums/ebay.

thanks for your help so far. i am looking to mix it up with fo and bottle it and eventally sell it but what i was reading on snowdrift was not making any sense to me so i thought i would ask. so basically is you mix it up with glycerin and the certain % they list on Snowdrift you will have a strong perfume. am i right.

I'm now using perfumer's alcohol from Snowdrift with FOs in atomizers. I like its lighter feeling spray, especially in the summer.

I've also used cyclomethicone and FOs in atomizers and it works well also.

For roll-ons I use FCO and FOs.

Each has their own particular feel that you may like better than the other. I really haven't noticed a lot of difference in the lasting power between them. I've not used many EOs because I don't do so well at blending them. :( It's on my list of things to do.

HTH

P.S. I've never added glycerin to mine, but then I've not used EOs.

When I use perfumers alcohol I add a little jojoba oil or glycerin to it to make the fragrance "stick" to the skin longer. I have had buyers who claim they can smell the fragrance the next day on their skin, and I use it myself and I can still smell it after long periods of time. The glycerin or jojoba will help the fragrance bind to your skin longer rather than evaporate away. 2-3 drops is more than enough per ounce.

When I use perfumers alcohol I add a little jojoba oil or glycerin to it to make the fragrance "stick" to the skin longer. I have had buyers who claim they can smell the fragrance the next day on their skin, and I use it myself and I can still smell it after long periods of time. The glycerin or jojoba will help the fragrance bind to your skin longer rather than evaporate away. 2-3 drops is more than enough per ounce.

dumb question, but: do you add the jojoba to the FO? or to the perfumers alcohol? or do you add it after you've mixed the two? thanks:confused: