Gift Certificates

laura9259

I would like to start offering gift certificates on my website. I know i need to create a GIFT CERTIFICATE button - and then enter the info the customer needs to know.

Do I send them a printed gift certificate card?

Do I make up my own code for them to enter to redeem it?

Sorry if i sound stupid but i have never done gift certificates before :confused:

Since you use PayPal, you can sell gift certificates thru them. Go to your profile, then under Financial Info, click on Gift Certificates and you can create one from there. Whoever buys the certificate can have it e-mailed to the recipient or they can print it out. Only down side is the recipient has to have or open a PayPal account to redeem it.

I would personally want the recipient of a gc to receive an actual printed certificate. I've used gc's for other services & would HIGHLY recommend using an expiration date for any gc. It's an accounting nightmare if you have lots of gc's floating around w/ no closing date. We always worked w/ a 3 month from purchase expiration date. There are certainly exceptions to every rule & everything is at your discretion, but there's a huge difference between someone trying to use a gc that's 1 wk out of date vs. 1 yr out of date.

Susan.