Need help to know I'm not losing my mind...

CBE

Question.... and this is kinda stupid.... but believe me, there is a reason behind it. How many oz. per lb do you put in a body butter? Let's say you are doing a 1lb. batch.... is .5 oz. considered alot????

OOPS... my bad. LOL :laugh2: Excuse me. LOL Yes... Fragrance Oil. I guess I am losing my mind!! hehehehe

I didn't have my coffee yet this morning. :P

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that feeling... I say as i stat my third cup and still just starting to function...

All of the FOs I've looked at say 3% to 5% for CP, but for my first batch I only used 2% (Crafter's Choice "Clean Laundry") and I can't stand it it's so strong. That'swhy I started useing infused oils. I have since read some reviews on the FO i used and seems it's particulary strong.

All of the FOs I've looked at say 3% to 5% for CP, but for my first batch I only used 2% (Crafter's Choice "Clean Laundry") and I can't stand it it's so strong. That'swhy I started useing infused oils. I have since read some reviews on the FO i used and seems it's particulary strong.

Grandma... if you don't like harsh smells, ya need to try Cashmere and Pearls from Backwoods. It's a very light scent. Smells VERY feminine. I love it in body cream.

I usually use 1 oz pp in CP... but for body butter... I was just wondering if .5 oz of FO pp of body butter was considered too much for some people.

OK... my coffee wore off... you weren't talking about CP but butter... of course, you have the fragrence down in yu CP... I'm the one who hasn't figured that out yet!Hmmm... is it to late to drink a pot of coffee?

Nah... it ain't too late... LOL I can drink a pot at 10:00 at night! LOL Of course I'd be up till 3am. :grin2:

I typically stay at 1% since I don't want my B&B to be overpowering. To me, 3% would generally be too strong. Its funny since I love my candles strong but not my B&B. Body scents in my opinion should be subtle.

I think I will start everything over... I've never flubbed a body butter in my life... well, on purpose I did... LOL...being a mad scientist and all... LOL I think I will take some of the batch out the bowl, and add more shea and oils. You think that will cut the fragrance down quite a bit? I think I'll try!!!:wink2:

I agree with eugenia that it depends on the fragrance - that is why I say typically use 1% and can go to 2% with very light FOs but more often than not, I don't. I can not think of any fo I use at 3%.

Adding more shea and oils to your mixture might tone down but more than likely, IME, I end up with a larger batch of butter that isn't that amount that I wanted. I have so many tubs (more than I need or want) of my experiments around the house for family use. Thank goodness for the animals they have fur or they would have it used on them just to use it all up. LOL

I would start over with a new batch and stick to 1%. But it is so much fun to play, experiment and learn.