Palm Creations candles from nature's finest candles

Anybody know what kind of palm wax they use? I think they are beautiful and the one candle my friend has which is I believe their Tropical Fruit Bowl is so strong. I love the look of the Palm but don't know where to begin. i am thinking of buying 10 lbs from Taylored Concepts because their container palm says it holds 6-10% but also like the look of CS glass glow on the candle gallery but I just looked and they are still out.

Also I have HTP, zinc and a few CD's and Eco's. Has anybody tried Eco's in the Palm?

The appearance of palm wax depends A LOT on the temperature at which it is poured and how slooooowly it cools. I do not think this property varies much by supplier.

There is a lot of wick info in the threads about palm wax - if you search, I'm sure you will find. :grin2:

Tonya, I haven't had a chance yet to sample the palm waxes from Candlescience. We've been buying it for the past couple of years from JBN and Cajun. When we make pillars, if the pattern doesn't suit us, we slip it back into the mold and put it in the oven to remelt and cool slowly. They have always come out better the second time around. If you pour on the cool side, there will be no crystal pattern and the wax is more translucent (also has more jump lines) which can be a plus for certain effects. That's what makes it so interesting to work with - lotsa variation! Hope you get to try some soon! :)

Hi everyone,

Our little company is making the switch to palm wax primarily because we couldn't get a really good hot throw with the soy wax we were using. We will continue to work with soy trying to find ways to make a really good hot throw. In the meantime we have been testing CS frosted palm wax and I really like it. We use a 10 and a 16oz. apothecary jar and for the palm wax I would definately double wick it.....unless of course one could find a really good single wick. We use the CS csn 9 wick and so far that has been really good. We get a really good melt pool in about 2 hrs or so and they smell great while burning. The CSN 9 (double wicked) provides a clean even burn and that is all the way to the bottom of the jar....finally!! Of course one wouldn't want to go all the way to the bottom of the jar.....glass might maybe break then. We will be testing wicks from Wick It and hopefully those will have good results also. They are supposed to work really good with SP 487?? wax as well.

Well,these are just some of my insignifigant thoughts for this morning....hope this helps some one anyway.

Mike