Oil Infused Milkweed Flowers?

Has anyone infused oil with milkweed flowers? We have common milkweed (Asclepias syriaca) here, I have a patch I won't let my husband cut because I love the smell.

I have never thought of infuseing it as I have only (til now) infused oils to cook with. Milk weed is toxic if consumed but would it be safe for use in soap? I know many native tribes used milk weed for medicinal purposes, but I have no idea what for. Anyone have any idea?

I think milkweed causes a rash to some people who come in contact with it. Noooooo..... no soapin' with it. LOL Save it for those butterflies. ;) I think the sap/juice can be used for the removal of warts. Read that somewhere... don't know if it would be smart to try though... because of the rash/irritation it causes.

Try chamomile instead, or maybe calendula... oooh.... I LOVE me some calendula. There's alot of possiblities out there Grandma... we just need to find them and read up on them! I'll be searchin' for ya too... I'm hungry for information. LOL I love using herbs. If I find any good ideas... I'll let ya know!

… Try chamomile instead, or maybe calendula... oooh.... I LOVE me some calendula. There's alot of possiblities out there Grandma... we just need to find them and read up on them! I'll be searchin' for ya too... I'm hungry for information. LOL I love using herbs. If I find any good ideas... I'll let ya know!

But NOTHING smells like milkweed flowers! I love the smell! I guess I will just have to limit myself to smelling it on the plants. Oh well, live and learn.

Thank you both for the help.