Opinions on best 50/50 Wax Blends!

Ok...I wasn't sure where to post this since it can go in either Soy or Paraffiin. Anyway I did a little research and found that a lot of people liked Farmhouse 50/50 and I want to give this blend a try...so in your opinions who makes the best 50/50 blend and how easy/diffucult is this wax? TIA :wink2:

Ok...I wasn't sure where to post this since it can go in either Soy or Paraffiin. Anyway I did a little research and found that a lot of people liked Farmhouse 50/50 and I want to give this blend a try...so in your opinions who makes the best 50/50 blend and how easy/diffucult is this wax? TIA :wink2:

IGI makes a product 6006 that is a 50/50 s/p blend, it used to be a Dussex 5766 number and IGI change the # to 6006. we have used it and it is very good for both hot and cold T. It is truly a one pour ;)

Thanks WWW77...I didn't realize that 6006 was a 50/50 blend...I always thought it was more paraffin then soy, that is good to know as I got a sample of it a while ago and never tried it guess I better find it and give it a chance...how is the wicking for this wax?

I have read that the 6006 is an 80% paraffin and 20% soy based wax. I wish I could find where I read that at :confused:. I have seen a 50/50 wax at JS, Farmhouse, KY Candle (Parasoy container) and I believe Greenleaf.

I have been playing around with some container paraffin I had and mixing it with my GB 415 and GB 444 soy just to see if I would like the blends and I really like it.

I think I am going to go with KY Candle as it is the closest to me. When I got shipping estimates from the others, it was pretty high for me :cry2:

6006 is not a 50/50 blend, but is an excellent wax. I have used it for almost 5 years. It is more like 20soy/70para. Carole

Ah-ha...I knew it...:lipsrseal Thats a major bummer cause I just dug out my sample 6006, I'm going to play with it anyway since it took me all day to find it.:tiptoe:

I normally use CB-135 no color GL 70/30 for color but I thought I might ease my way out of my Soy Bubble and give some other blends a try and 50/50 seemed like the next logical choice.:rolleyes2

Ah-ha...I knew it...:lipsrseal Thats a major bummer cause I just dug out my sample 6006, I'm going to play with it anyway since it took me all day to find it.:tiptoe:

I normally use CB-135 no color GL 70/30 for color but I thought I might ease my way out of my Soy Bubble and give some other blends a try and 50/50 seemed like the next logical choice.:rolleyes2

A few years ago we checked with Dussex (5766) and when IGI bought them, we checked with IGI now 6006 and at both times both said it (6006) was a 50/50 P/S blend, now we know there are a lot of folks that would wish that 6006 was not as good as it is, but we don't think IGI would say it is a 50/50 blend if it is not

Thought you might be interested in this from Taylored Concepts. They definitely lead you to believe that the 6006 has only 20% soy when they are comparing their own blend to the 6006.

Taylored (TAYLORED REPLACEMENT) 30/70

(70% Paraffin/

20% Soy Blend

10% Petro.)

(COMPARED TO THE IGI-6006)

Wally, I would love it if 6006 was 50% soy, but you can tell it is not when you pour it. When it 1st came out, rumor was that it was soy 40/60 para, but when my supplier quit carrying it, he found out it was 20/80. The truth is nobody at IGI will devulge the formula. If you have seen it on their site, bookmark it and post. 50/50 blends require wicking up and I have tested several of them. Carole

Wally, I would love it if 6006 was 50% soy, but you can tell it is not when you pour it. When it 1st came out, rumor was that it was soy 40/60 para, but when my supplier quit carrying it, he found out it was 20/80. The truth is nobody at IGI will devulge the formula. If you have seen it on their site, bookmark it and post. 50/50 blends require wicking up and I have tested several of them. Carole

All we know is what we are told by them, because of some concerns. when it first came out way back in the Dussex days they had also stated it was 50/50 P/S and had MSDS that stated so.

All we know is a very popular bled and works very well for us in our wickless candles for both hot and cold through, but we have also used IGI 4630 and the J225 but like the 6006 the best.

ok...its settled then? 6006 is not a 50/50! :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

What we have found out that all have their fav/wax and what works for some does not work for some, all we can do is belive the IGI wax Co. which happens to be the biggest manuf. in North America, and we have to belive the data they have provided, we don't think they would mislead anyone.

We have been doing candles since 1969 and have found over the years everone has a different voice.

So we all have our views

that is really weird...I find it hard to believe that the company would lie about their products...oh well..whatever the combo is I poured a few today into 11oz tumblers with several different wicks...I'll light them up in a couple of days and see how they burn. :wink2:

Guest highflier

According to Shawn who is one of the technical directors at IGI, the formula for IGI 6006 is 73% paraffin and 27% soy. If anyone ever wants information about IGI waxes just call theses guys and talk with them directly. This will always avoid misleading information about a wax product.

Mike

Ok...that certainly clears things up...thanks everyone...:wink2: Now I'm back to where I started...so I'm going to assume that JS & KY are both TRULY 50/50 blends. I went on the JS site yesterday and they did not sell samples had to buy the whole box but KY did so I guess I will give them a try...any opinions on KY? By the way...how would you label a 50/50 or even the 6006...?:confused:

Guest highflier

You could label the 6006 as a soy blend candle. If the candle is 51% soy or higher then you can say it is a soy candle.

Mike

You could label the 6006 as a soy blend candle. If the candle is 51% soy or higher then you can say it is a soy candle.

Mike

How do you figure that? It is still a blend. Talk about misleading the customer. Of course, most of them wouldn't know a soy candle from a paraffin one if their life depended on it. What with all the nonsense and lies about soy candles, maybe you should lie. Yeah, go ahead, most of the websites I see lie about it all the time.