Figuring total cost of labels?

ah-soy

For me at first there wasn't a way - then I decided just to use one printer for labels and figure how long the ink lasted (sheets, etc). And then divided the cost of the ink(s) by the amount of sheets then by the amount of labels by the sheet

Ink / sheets = x

x / labels = cost

make sense?

Thanks bizzy, that sounds like a good way, but at this time I only have one printer and I've got to use it for everything else....:undecided

I thought saw something awhile back about someone's formula but I can't seem to find it in a seach?

How about trying to keep a count of total number of pages printed from one whole cartridge and then you will have a rough guide to what it costs to print one page. I'm sure it will differ widely for everyone depending on the type of printer and the cartridges used, how much colour and bold type there is.

I just bump the ink cost by $0.02 for each label. I can't really determine the actual cost. I realize that color costs more than black, but personally I don't think that the ink cost is a major part of costing.

Also sometimes when you look for ink on-line, they will indicate the average amount of pages a cartridge will print...maybe that will help you

For me the cost of the label is part of the cogs for the candle.. and the ink is the cost of doing business.. another expense like lights or fuel. Lot easier to figure and unless you have a dedicated printer for lables, really won't do you much good.