New to Tarts! Tips Please?

I have so many extra oils, thought I'd try to make myself some soy tarts for fun to give to my family and such!

Here's what I did, can I get any better tips or methods you pros use?

Melted 4oz (by weight) naturewax V1 soy flakes in micro (about 4 minutes) in 1cup pyrex.

When melted, I added 7.5ml fragrance oil (soy safe)

I poured into little 1oz condiment cups (made 6 and a little extra)

Now I'm letting them cool on my counter.

Do tarts need to cure a few days before melting?

Should I have added more/less fo?

Should I add FO's when wax starts cooling/thickening or when freshly melted?

Can I stick the liquid molds into the freezer to have them set up faster?

Will these pop out of molds? Id not, any additive to make them pop out?

THANKS! smile.gif

The following are directions for using Nature Wax V1 (www.genwax.com):

Step 1: Melting of Wax - The wax should be heated to a temperature of 160° to 200° to melt the wax up. Do not heat the wax above 200°F. If wax is held at higher temperatures for long periods of time, it will discolor. Always use a thermometer when melting the wax and never leave the heated wax unattended. While the wax is melting, stir the wax regularly to reduce localized heating of the oil. This will help buring of the wax while heating.

Step 2: Adding of other ingredients - Other additives or ingredients may be added at any time to help improve the performance of the wax.

Step 3: Adding Candle Scent and Dye - The Fragrances and Dyes can be added to the wax after the wax is compltely mixed in.

Step 4: Preparing the Wax for Pouring - After wax has been completely melted, reduce the heat on the wax so that the wax cools to a temperature of 145° to 165°F to reduce cracking and discoloration of the wax after it has cooled.

Step 5: Pouring Candles - Make sure that the mold is a room or slightly warmer before pouring the wax into the mold. The wax should be poured in the mold while wax is 145° to 165°F to reduce cracking and speed up the cure time of the wax.

Step 6: Curing of Candles - The candle should be allowed to cool and cure for at least 12 hours before the candle is burned. This will allow the crystals of the wax completely form, giving a nice finish to the candle.

You can use these same directions for making tarts.