I got a smooth top!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Although I'm only starting with wickless candles, I just had to share with you that through some excellent advice on this board....I got a smooth top on my 2nd poured candle! I'm so happy I could pee!! :grin2:

I would post a photo, but I'm not allowed to for whatever reason...it tells me that I can't. :(

Thanks again for all the wonderful help and advice that's been given to me so far...you guys are great!!!

This was supposed to be just a hobby for me to make a few tarts and candles for myself....well, in just a few short weeks, I already have over 50 sample scents to play with, not to mention the other stuff I've bought....the credit card company is going to love me!! I can't help it.....I love this!!!

Hey Number2of7,

Congratulations on the smooth top!

I can definitely relate to you. I started making candles in November for fun and have since become a serious fragrance oil fanatic. If it is something that can smell good, I want to make it. LOL I, too, am having the time of my life!

Valerie

:highfive: High Five to ya! Would love to know what kind of wax you're using - care to share your method? I've been testing for months and it's hit or miss for me. I'm considering changing the wax I use.

I used the Ky Perfect Blend (not the new & improved one she has - it wasn't available when I ordered), but I do plan to order that one next time.

I poured at 150, then placed jars in my preheated oven (170 degrees), and turned off the oven and let them cool overnight inside.....got up the next morning, and POOF, a smooth top! :yay:

Congratulations on the smooth tops. :yay: :yay: :yay:

I can certainly relate to that. When I started out I was using EzSoy. I could not get a smooth top for anything in the world. I had so much trouble with that one. It either frosted really bad or it had ugly tops.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Of all the sites I've visited and suppliers and manufacturers I've talked with - no one - NO ONE - has ever mentioned this oven method!

Thanks so much for sharing :highfive: !!!

You're very welcome! I'd love to give credit to the person who gave me that idea, but I can't remember who it was...it may have even been on another message board...either way, it has worked for me and I don't mind sharing such a simple method so that others can give it a go. Good luck to ya!