Drawer organizer mold help

traceyy

I am totally lost (surprise lol) I bought 2 drawer organizers today (9x6x2) *thinking it would work. Now as I sit here trying to fiugre out how I would cut the soap so it wouldn't look fugly, I don't think this will work. I did a search for drawer orgnaizer but noone ever says what size they used. I basically want a log mold since my cutting abilities are lacking. Can anyone help me with what size to get? I am looking for something to make 2# batches. OR if there are any other suggestions for a 2# log mold, I'd appreciate it!

In the past I used what has been termed the "Martha Mold" It a three compartment Martha stewart silverware tray found at K-Mart. It has square corners and sides. It is huge. Grease it with mineral oil. If you make a batch using 7 lb of oils and divide it into three you can fill each cavity to the top. (so each cavity uses a 2 1/3 lb of oil batch). It takes a couple of days to get the soap out of the mold though - unless you oven cure it a bit. If you cut the bars into 2 1/2 inch widths you get 7 bars that weigh 6 to 6.5 oz.

Mine warped with a really hot batch of OMH though so I don't use it anymore. That batch REALLY Gelled hotter than any thing I have seen before. I had never done an OMH in that mold before so I think it's the honey that gets it so hot. No other batches warped it even with oven curing.

Bethany

Bethany

• 3 weeks later...

Since there is no Kmart near me to get a Martha mold, I got a drawer organizer from walmart. It is sized 15x6x2. I simply fill it to 1 inch since that is what I want my soap bars to be. When I cut I do get two smaller bars on the end because I like bigger bars for the rest but I just use those for my first testers or give away. I have not mastered lining yet though. Just starting on CP. I've done HP for 9 years but wanted to try the cool looking swirls I see in the gallery. Can't master that either!! I've heard wooden wine boxes are great to use - and are FREE at a liqour store or grocery that sells wine. Ask for wooden wine box with dividers. That way you can simply line with freezer paper and make one log or up to 3 logs.