I need help! palm not coming out of molds

I have been playing around with palm for about 2 months now..i bought my first batch & had no problems at all..( just bought 5 pounds) I liked it so much I bought 20 pounds of feather pillar/votive wax from NuScents & well my votives I couldnt get out of the mold..isnt it suppose to separate from the mold..I had to put in oven & melt down to get them out....my first batch I got separated..fast..these are not separating from the molds at all. I made a scallop last night & this morning..i cant get it out. I even sprayed it with pam before pouring, something I didnt do with the first batch (the 5 pounds I first bought)..& that batch I had no problems with mold separation.

Info...

Poured at 200 deg

hardly any scent..about 1oz per 2 pounds (just what i had)

3 drops of orange dye

Let cool on counter over night & this morning, cant get out of mold...

What could have gone wrong?

I checked to see if they send me container palm instead..I checked my order form & it says pillar & votive wax..i'm wondering if they send me container instead. How could I tell?

Hi Kay!! I think I can help you with this problem & thank you for helping me!! I had the same problems & tried the mold release powder in the wax & it helps. Also I find that it is easier to get them out of the mold when they are still warm.

You know now that I think aobut it...maybe thats what i did..took them out while they were still warm....i cant remeber...but i just remember them separting from the molds sooner & wondering how i was going to get the repour done without messing up the candle..figured that out, but now having this problem..if its not one thing, its another...lol

Hows your insert working?

Whats the best way to get this candles out now without messing it up????

is it a metal mold? if so get you some silicone spray that always works for me . you can get the silicone spray most times at micheal's ot joeann fabrics sometimes. hope that helps

yes they are metal..thanks, i'll have to try it

Hi Kay!! I think I can help you with this problem & thank you for helping me!! I had the same problems & tried the mold release powder in the wax & it helps. Also I find that it is easier to get them out of the mold when they are still warm.

Ok, I just ordered some release powder...Hoping it helps...in the mean time...i'm having to remelt that candle in the oven..i CANT get it out......

Do you have wick pins? I had one I couldn't get out & used the wick pin to push it out!!

I used wick pins for the votives & no I couldnt get them out..i tried & tried, so ended up puting in oven & melting alittle til i could get them to slide out, but then effect was ruined...i'm hoping the powder helps me.

Could i be doing something else wrong??????

I did not have this problem with first batch, it just makes me wonder..i'm doing the same thing I did before..

Is this batch from the same supplier?? That was my problem the first batch I tries I ordered from one supplier & the next time I ordered from another supplier.

The first batch i got off ebay (5 pounds) this batch I got from NuScents..You would think I would have problems with the ebay before i would Nuscents.

Kay, if you have feather palm for votives & pillars, you have to add 5% palm steric so they will release. I make palm votives all the time and they release perfectly from mold & wick pin. They would not without Steric. When I make pillars, I have to use palm steric. You can take them out of mold pretty quick, you will see how they have pulled away from votive cup. I did get a batch of palm (mottling) and it would not release with steric. Took it back. Good luck, Carole

Kay, if you have feather palm for votives & pillars, you have to add 5% palm steric so they will release. I make palm votives all the time and they release perfectly from mold & wick pin. They would not without Steric. When I make pillars, I have to use palm steric. You can take them out of mold pretty quick, you will see how they have pulled away from votive cup. I did get a batch of palm (mottling) and it would not release with steric. Took it back. Good luck, Carole

Thanks Carole...I knew there was something I was missing. I'll try it!!