Swirlies, too! (aka great minds day)

SpaceGirl

How funny that we've got soy swirlies from two of us today... who else is going to come out of the woodwork?!? :grin2:

Please, please ignore the mess -- I am by no means a neat pourer. I also can't measure / estimate volumes very well because I ran out of wax to fill up my tealights.... good thing I was only testing out this technique!

The scent on these is Spices of the Orient - I was trying to do white, red and black. The red didn't come through too well on this one. Think next time I'm going to try to a nice, deep red with subtle black swirls... if the wax cooperates! LOL!

The ones in the middle have the effect I'm going for -- one of them ended up with too much black :mad:

post-1411-139458418958_thumb.jpg

post-1411-139458418961_thumb.jpg

post-1411-139458418964_thumb.jpg

For those who are interested -- the method I was trying mixes the FO in the melted wax before any color is added. I then separated out the "swirl" amount and added color to it. Poured the "base" first and let it partially set up (not too much or you'll just get swirled layers). I keep the additional wax at a slightly higher temperature so that when I add it to the already poured wax you can cut through some of thicker consistency and create some nice convection action.

It turned out to be very tempermental but I really like the effect! I think I'm going to try it more and see if I can get it to behave a little more predictably. :rolleyes2

Those look really neat too. I've thought about trying to do some like that as well. Keep experimenting! It is fun.

How funny that we've got soy swirlies from two of us today... who else is going to come out of the woodwork?!? :grin2:

Please, please ignore the mess -- I am by no means a neat pourer. I also can't measure / estimate volumes very well because I ran out of wax to fill up my tealights.... good thing I was only testing out this technique!

The scent on these is Spices of the Orient - I was trying to do white, red and black. The red didn't come through too well on this one. Think next time I'm going to try to a nice, deep red with subtle black swirls... if the wax cooperates! LOL!

The ones in the middle have the effect I'm going for -- one of them ended up with too much black :mad: