Ecosoya verses Golden!

I am just curious if anyone has used both waxes and which one they liked better or are they similar? I am thinking about 415 verses Ecosoya puresoy and 464 verses Advanced. I live right next to a supplier that carries Ecosoya and I use GB right now. Is it worth it for me to switch over?

I have worked with the PureSoy and although it gives an excellent hot throw in my melts (haven't tested in jars yet), it frosts extremely bad, even when I don't add color, if you look real close, you can see frost. That is the downside. I mistakenly ordered some EcoSoya CB Advanced and have played around with it, adding color and such, just to see what it would do and the only time I got frost was when I poured too cool into jars. Other than that, no frost, but from what I've read, it is hard to get a scent throw from the CBA. Anyway, from a tip on the board :), I poured the PureSoy at a lower temp (when it was slushy in appearance) and eliminated quite a bit of the frosting, but this was without color. When I did the exact same thing with color, I got major frosting again. I have never used the GB wax, so I can't give a comparison, I can only tell you how the PureSoy has been for me.

Stephanie

I have the pouring process down to a science for GB. I was just trying to save time and money. I am way north of you Stephanie and the only supplier I have is Nuscents. They carry Cargill and Ecosoya. I have noticed some difficulties with the GB's 464 in compared to as you say how the Advanced reacts. The hot throw tends to dissipate after an hour of burning. It just doesn't seem the same for throw as the 100% soy does. I wish I knew what is exactly different about every manufacturers 100% soy waxes. I do notice my waxes frost up in extremely cold temperatures in my house.

But so does chocolate when you freeze it and they are both made up of hydrogenated fats.

Thanks for the feed back! How cold is it down there? It is freezing up here.

It is really cold down here, so bad that I refused to go put gas in my car the other night and waited until the next day because I knew it would be a little warmer in the morning! lol Honestly, though, I'm originally from Galesburg and it's usually not near as bad here as it is there! My dad and brother got snowed in and couldn't go to work last week when the storm came through. Anyway, there is a supplier in Chicago for the EcoSoya. I'm thinking New Lenox, but not positive. Yup, just looked. It's DPS/Morris Wax in New Lenox. My boyfriend's mom does sales and said she could get it for me as she is only gonna be 20 miles from there, but her sales meetings are not starting back up until January/February, so I'm ordering online.

By the way, I got my 8oz square mason jars and some CD wicks and I'm gonna test these with the CBA this week. I'm gonna make some tomorrow and see how they do. Just for the heck of it, I made some clamshells with the CBA because I wanted to play with the color crystals I have and I added sugar cookie FO. Unbelievably, they pop right out of the clamshells in perfect cubes and have the most awesome scent throw! I sent one with a friend of mine earlier today to see what she thought. Well, she called later and could not get over the scent throw from it. She had it in the kitchen and said it was overtaking the living room where she had a mulberry melt in a warmer! lol Anyway, I guess it's all in the wick! We'll see. I'm gonna make them tomorrow and cure for a week. I've got a cinnamon one curing, but it needs to go a few more days before I can burn it. It's in a different jar, though.

Stephanie