Veggie Wax Luminaries

Stella1952

Got a new batch of wax in and pulled an all-nighter making some of the luminaries I have been dreamin' about all summer long.:D

Here's a few of 'em... pardon the blurry pix - I haven't got photographing lit things in the dark down yet...:undecided

This one is scented with ginger bergamot - smells WONDERFUL, especially when lit!

sageairpot_gingerberg_octo2.jpg

...all lit up...

lit3.jpg

Mom & me got 2 dozen roses for our birthdays - when they dried up, I saved them for doing this...

rosepetals_raininroses3.jpg

Scented with rosebuds & rain - Rainin' Roses

lit2.jpg

...all lit up...

lit4.jpg

Thanks for lookin'. :D

Didn't know you could make them with veggie wax.

We didn't either, so I set about to try. I don't think one can achieve the same translucency of paraffin, so certain decorations and techniques (like photos) would not work out well; but I love the ethereal look of these. They resemble viewing stones more than candles. We have made quite a few of these - about half are in the remelt box :wink2: Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, right? :D But I finally stumbled on to a blend formula that works for us. Now, I am testing all the various flowers and stuff in my yard to see what works from there... I have learned so far that camellia petals and air potato leaves go brown very quickly...:tongue2:

Wonder how my ferns would do? Wonder if they are already frozen?!

Thanks for the kind words, y'all.

Sharon, because we are blending soy & palm, the palm wax gives the "lumpy" look because it crystallizes and lumps up quickly as it cools. I was gonna finish the tops, but on all but a couple, I thought the ragged tops looked kewell. The surfaces are real nice - there is some frosting and some areas that shine up with a hard shine with only a little buffing... Because these can't stay lit ALL the time, they have to look good just sitting around and I really like the designs the leaves and flowers add to the surface.:D