Help with shrink wrap!! Having issues! lol

Ok I got a sample of some 4" wide shrinkwrap tubing from the shrinkwrapstore.com. I'm trying to use it on my tarts, individually. How do you make it look nice??

I've tried it twice (and only have a little bit left to play with) and it's looked not so pretty both times. :undecided

Instructions that came with the sample say to tape the ends closed. So I did that. The first time it came out with holes on the sides where the opening were still open. So I figured maybe I used too little shrink wrap. So the second time I used a longer piece. And then there was all this extra shrunken plastic on the sides. I tried to shrink it down and ended up melting the edges of my tart.

And then what do you do with the tape that you used to tape the ends closed? Do you take it off? Won't that just leave it open??

Someday help me please!!! Lol

TIA

Ash

Same here with the impulse sealer...you just can't get a professional look without one. Make sure when you use it that you seal off the corners as well and then snip them off just above the area that was sealed. That way you won't have pointy corners to deal with. Also make sure to poke a small air hole prior to hitting it with the heat gun, this way you'll avoid it blowing up like a pillow and it will shrink nice a tight to the tart.

I am another that uses the impulse sealer.....I don't know what kind mine is but where my heat is set when I seal mine it basically cuts and starts the new bag. I was originally cutting squares and folding them to the bottom with a tiny piece of tape but didn't like the finished look. HTH