Organic Shea........Does this exist

mbrown

and if so where can I find it? I would like to read up on it. I did a yahoo search and didn't come up with anything.

I never knew there was such a thing. There was a lady with a sign at a show I was doing this weekend and in big letters it read ORGANIC SHEA and she sold it for $15 for 4oz :embarasse

AgbangaKarite shea is organic, but not certified organic as far as i know. like a lot of things that come from abroad. people there do not have money for pesticides (sp?), they just harvest what grows around them. and of course they have no money to get a certification.

i'm now sure if there is such a thing as organic certified shea. so, that woman you saw knew what to put on the label. people who buy shea in bulk know that hand-processed shea is organic... but customers don't. so, she put it on the label. good marketing i have to say... i wonder if she had "not certified" specified somewhere on the label, in a really, really small print. LOL.