Crystallizing Wax

Hi! I'm new to the forum... :D

I just started making my own candles, and I'm trying out diferent kinds of wax... I bought a small package from our local craft store that had 'crystallizing' wax. It was only enough to do 1 pillar and a couple votives, but I LOVED that wax. I don't care so much for the plain, slick look. So, I purchased what I thought would be the same wax from Candles & Supplies.com some crystallizing Palm wax. Well, I don't know what the difference is, but they are not the same... This wax is MUCH harder, and I have to heat it a lot hotter. When it is cooling, it shrinks away from the sides of the mold and pushes up to the top like a fault line in the earth does... I also like to do color-layered candles, but this wax doesn't allow for that. Because it shrinks away from the sides of the mold, it leaves a gap where the second color seeps into on the next pour... Looks yucky when finished... Anybody have any suggestions on where to get my next batch of wax??? I saw Peak Candle has mottling wax, but it comes in a slab... I really want to have shaved or grated (bags) of wax...

Thanks for any help... :D