Wholesale website information

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

For those that have a website, how do you manage the wholesale portion and who designed your website. I seriously need a website makeover and I want to have a special link for wholesale. Anything would help. TIA.

I am watching too!!!

Right now I have them type in "Wholesale Account" in the message section on the order page..

Then I manually do an invoice and email with the correct totals...

Most order via phone, but now I have a few wholesale accounts that want to order online...

Are any of you able to make a password protected area (or members area)from your website? On my website I can make an area where I require them to contact me and aquire a user name and password, then it would take them to another area on my website that contains all wholesale information. I haven't done it yet, but I tested it out and it does work.

I asked my website host to make me a wholesale access and gateway.

Where my customers who request wholesale get login and password.

They are then sent to wholesale pages. It's great!

Ask your website provider if they offer this for you.

It works wonderfully for my customers and Me. Makes it much easier.

HTH

Dani

ETS: Just checked out my server and they have pasword protected directories!!!

Going to set it up tomorrow morning... (I hope I can figure it out!!:tongue2:)

THANKS AGAIN... Crystala and Raggey!!!:D

That is exactly what I was looking for, just did not know what "it" was called..

Guest EMercier

I have quick shopping cart with GoDaddy, but I don't know if I can do this. I'll check this out with them. I just really want to just get a regular site. We'll see. Thanks for the info.

I dont think you can with the quick cart from godaddy. I know where you can get a site at where you will get a wholesale section..they log in with their sign in info and all the products that you specify in your admin will show to them at the wholesale price you specify and they check out through normal cart everyone else does. Its a really nice feature. PM me if you want to know where they are..not sure if its ok to list on here or not;)

I use joomla for my site and it comes with virtalmart as it's shopping cart - in the shopping cart area I can assign each product a price for each shopping group - regular customer, gold customer, and wholesale customer. All they have to do is sign up for a wholesale password and bingo they've got the info - well they would if I had all the info up there. I'm working on it but it's a slow process when you are doing one item at a time (amongst the other million things I do in a day!). I work on a few items each day - or atleast try. If I work too long, I go buggy!! lol

If your looking for a great designer, Ken at FultonStudio.com is wonderful! He's the one that got my template for me and got me going. I do all the product addition and stuff though... :P And the few pictures I have on my site, he took. Only problem with having him take pictures is that he's in NYC - kinda a PITA to get product to him for me! But he's great and I would recommend him, especially if you want to use a joomla format. He also made the flash imageing on my home page... and a bunch of other neat stuff... I love this guy! lol

HTH

Life & Light!

Tish

Guest EMercier

Hmmm, NYC is not that far from me. I could actually drive up there. Even if I sent the items, postage wouldn't be that much. Do you have his info? PM me. I need to get some prices together. Thanks!