Do you make more $ from your website or from selling to stores and doing fairs?

JMT

Hi All,

Just wondering if one generates more income from having own web-site biz and getting paid direct,retail price from customer as aposed to selling wholesale to a store? I guess if you get enough traffic to your site, you do ok.

I imagine it to be less of a headache to not have to deal with stores and contracts etc.and you can just focus on your customers. Or should there be a nice mix of both?

Any thoughts from folks with web-sites making millions of dollars... ha ha.

thanks

Well - for me I would guess that it is fairs. But now the website and wholesale accounts are picking up and this year I will only do one fair. I think that the exposure that you get from the fairs is worth it in the beginning. The website is mostly re-orders for me. I have had my site for about 3 years and it is finally getting some good traffic. I would say an average month for me is a sale a week. At this stage the wholesale accounts are the bread and butter for me.

HTH!

There are so many peeps selling candles now that I think you have to have a client base established to do well on the internet. We have a good client base and do well on the internet, but we do 12-14 BIG fundraisers each year. Our website is mainly for reorders. It is the fundraisers that get people coming our way. We are about to start our 5th year. We also open our shop to the public a couple days a month. Believe me it is hard to get established!! Carole