A good tart recipe ?

Hi there ,

Been making candles about 11 yrs but only recently went into making tarts where I worked for a little while with another candle company. The y wanted me making tarts an had to find a suitable recipe. I did make them with paraffin wax and 1 % vybar. These were made in rubber molds so stearine wasnt added.

Now I have left that company and am back in my own business again, Im not quite 100 % happy with these tarts, I call them meltz.

Could anybody suggest a way on improving maybe the scent throw on these ? I dont have any other waxes except plain parrafin with a melt point of 55- 60 c. Should I add a little more vybar, this would cause more shrinkage or waving of wax ?

Help much appreciated ,

Thanks,

Robyn :-)

Robyn, adding too much vybar will make them ripple. Is there any way you can get your hands on some container wax (lower MP)? Many mix the 2, 25% container to 75% paraffin. Perhaps something to lower the MP a bit? Not sure what options are available to you.