Hubby's Handiwork

Excellent yin/yang board. LOVE the way you photographed everything.

I do have a safety concern to raise. I don't know a thing about woodworking (though I wish I had a bf/husband who did that kind of thing or was in to that as a hobby 'cuz I've got ideas), but I'd like the cut outs better if they had a bottom. I'd be concerned about potential damage from the heat of the votive on a surface (depending on the surface, of course) once the wick was on the burnt-down-low side. Being somewhat of a clutz, I'd be concerned about someone wanting to move the setup & forget that there were no bottoms & the burning candle goes splat on the floor or hot wax all over someone's hand.

Wonder if he could make a circle cut out that was like 1/4" thick & then insert/attach it to the interiors.

:laugh2:... too funny, Julie

..... but the pics might be decieving & don't show that that there is a bottom. They don't go all the way through but are hollows that have been routered (sp?) out so that the glass holder sits snugly inside it. Then the hollow is covered with a mirror so that it looks "finished"

I hope I explained it right.

Plus the backsides have felt attachments so that they don't slide ...cuz

I'm a clutz too sometimes :D

• 1 month later...