Tarts

Kay

I saw the thread about tarts...Those look awesome:D but heres my question. :confused: What wax is best for Tarts. You have pillar wax for pillars & container wax for containers, theres no tart wax for tarts lol so which wax do I use. Does anyone have any certain kinds they use & how do I get them to smell like Yankee candles (strong)

I need help!!! I love tarts but hate buysing them. I would love to make my own.

KAY :cheesy2:

Wanted to add that I have those little tart molds (metal) are those the best to use? Or is there something else? :confused:

Hi Kay, welcome to the board.

Any time you have any general questions to ask, it's better to pose the question in the general candle-making section .... http://www.candletech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2 ... rather in the gallery which is aimed at showing rather than telling. ;)

I don't make melts, but if I did, I would use the same wax as I do for pillars.

How much FO you add to the wax will depend on how much FO, usually as a %, a wax can hold. Typical amouts are in the range of 3-6% for gen'l purpose paraffin commonly used in pillars. Some ppl might say that the more FO you add, the stronger the FO "hot throw" (loosely, what we can smell when the candle is burning; conversly, a "cold throw" is what we smell from an unlit candle). While there may be some truth to this, the reaility is that some FOs are stonger than others, some waxes can hold more FO than others, how air moves in one's environment may have an impact, as well as how large the space is, etc.

There are several members, myself included, who would strongly encourage you to do a bit of reading to understand more about the general process of candlemaking. You can refer to this website for gen'l info for beginners .... http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698. It's not that we don't want to answer the questions, but the basics have been gone over ad naseum, & all you have to do is some reading on your own. You'll be amazed at the amount of info available to you w/ just a little bit of searching. :smiley2:

And for reasons that I can't fully explain, there seems to be a resistance from some of the more experienced candle-makers to spoon feed info, saying that you'll be a better candle-maker if you subject yourself to a sequence of trial & error projects. Perhaps it's tiresome to answer the same question over & over & over ... to the point one just doesn't bother with it anymore. You'll find them (the more experienced candlemakers here) will be more receptive to your questions if you show some investigative initiative before you start throwing out your questions. Ask me how I know. :D

Thank you...I have read some of the basics & I just seem to get more from it hearing from people that have already done & it see what is the best to use. But I truely do understand what your saying.

Thanks for the help though..I thought it was ok to ask since i have read some threads in here where people were asking about different waxes & all. Maybe I was asking to much. I'm sorry & yes I'll go to the other threads for my questions next time..I really didnt realize I was in Candle Gallery. Sorry.

KAY