Can I double wick this jar?

ubure

I'm testing my new jars at the moment, but I have a problem with the bigger one: it's a square jar with 4,3 inches in diameter, its opening is 2,2 inches in diameter. I've tested an LX 20, but it's still tunneling.

Now I wonder if I have to double wick and if that's possible at all with the narrow opening - what do you think?

Thanks!!:wink2:

I use a 4" diameter square jar and 1 wick and get incredible throw. The double wicks are ok, but for me, they burn too fast. Mine go over 100 hours and I sell them on that note. The shape is wider at the top than the bottom, so I wick for the middle. Yes, I have wax hanging on the sides for about half the burn, but the heat buildup as it burns down brings it all down untill it consumes. It was a real PITA at first to get these where I wanted them, now its no problem. If you want a single wick, go up a few sizes and see if you like it. I use LX's and use the 26-30 range.