aromatherapy EO's

I got myself a set of 36 10mls size Eo's from a reputable company & have been trying these out in soy. I've tried some on their own & some combinations which I like, & I've looked up blends in my aromatherapy books to try.

I've found that EO's need to cure for a lot longer to get a good throw but if you're wanting a more natural range it's worth the wait. IMHO.

I've only been making up small quantities so I have measured the oils by drops not weight but I've taken lots of notes along the way.

So far I've found lavender, geranium, patchouli, ylang ylang, lemongrass, citronella, basil & lemon, eucalyptus, peppermint, vetivert,rosemary & some other combinations have worked well for me in containers.

I'm still working on pillars but they're a whole different thing due to the smaller melt pool. Heavier oils like patchouli need a larger wick too.

Rose absolute oil is just too expensive for me to think about at the moment but some people mix eo & fo to get their own blends.

It's going to take a lot more testing with the EO's yet but so far I'm pretty happy with my results & if something turns out wrong I melt it down & add more EO's & let it cure again.

It takes more patience with the EO's I think.

Good luck with your quest.

Sally.