Cracker Jars

Does anyone here use them?? 16 or 8 oz? I did a search, but 4 results and nothing specific. Do you have pictures? How do you like them? I LOVE the 8 oz square mason but they are a bear to wick, either that or I am just not getting the hang of it.:undecided TIA

I love the cracker jars too, have used the 16 and the 8 oz and would like to continue BUT we have had to change because it was costing me more to ship them to me than for the jars themselves....I have not been able to find a west coast supplier so ...... now we are testing a new to us jar from fairway....:o

I've used both sizes and love them. But if you think the 8oz. masons are a bear, are you thinking these will be easier. lol? You will have to double wick these.

Here's a pic, although I am no longer doing these and label is waayyyy different now :D

Cracker%20Jar.jpg

I've tried my luck with the 8oz and the 16oz cracker jars.

I'm not giving up because I love the look of them but am putting them on the back burner. I got mine from http://www.earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/

Like Beth said, they weren't easy to wick.

I got a decent burn with 2 htps but then there was soot once I got to the last couple inches in the jar.

And then I had some success with a single eco but I couldn't find a happy balance of flame size and melt pool.

I sell the 8 oz. and I double wick. I've been using them for about a year now and in all of my testing I haven't had any problems with soot. I'm debating about going back to the terrace jars. I've had a few people tell me that the cracker jars look "too country" and they prefer the look of the terrace. Oh the public...gotta love 'em and hate 'em. :undecided

Maggie