Hello to all!

Hey, I'm new to the site here. I've been lurking for a few days and everyone seems so nice and helpful I thought I'd join! I have just started making soy candles and absolutely love them. I do have a question. I have a craft show next month and have no idea how many candles to take. So far I have been making container candles (just the 5 oz for now) and the clam shells. I do have other crafts that I do so I'm not just solely selling candles, yet! Anyway, any advice/ideas, anything in general will be helpful and 100% appreciated!

Stephanie

I would say take as much as you can, you never know whats going to sell and I always hate not having something someone wants...

and...

Hi! nice to meet you!:D Welcome to the board! This is a really great place to be! Very addicting...I know I spend wayy too much time here...

I have just started making soy candles and absolutely love them. I do have a question. I have a craft show next month and have no idea how many candles to take. Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, If you just started making soy candles I think your rushing them to market a little too soon. Take your time, test and make some great products for a few months farther down the road. The correct amount to take with you on next months show would be -0- . If you really want to make and sell "the good stuff" that will get you repeat customers and give them great burning, safe candles whats a little more time for testing and perfecting going to hurt? Bruce

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes! Actually I've been playing around with candles for years and with soy for the last couple of weeks. Through researching and trial and error, I have actually made some good candles I'm proud to say! My clam shell candle for my burner has burned over 20 hours (not all at once) and still throws scent! I am extremely pleased. I really liked it at first because it's French Vanilla scent, but now I'm kind of sick of it! lol Anyway, thanks to all. I am doing other crafts for the show. So if for some reason I don't take candles, I won't be going emptyhanded!

Steph

By the way Bruce, I've been archiving and reading posts like crazy here and saw some pics of your candles and they are awesome! I think they were posted in October of last year. It amazes me some of things that people can do with candles! Beautiful!

Steph