New J223 Performance

I contacted BCS and they informed me that the new batch of J223 is "at lower levels" of the J223 standard ( or acceptable level). They also said that the wax has not been reformulated, and that the description on their website about being newly formulated was a description that was written when it was first introduced and compared to J50. They said that this happens on occasion and that the IGI formula is exactly the same as the old one. I explained to her that people were having problems with it smoking and that the wax had a yellowish color to it unlike the older version of it. She said that this was not uncommon and that this did happen on occasion with every wax and that one pour container waxes had even more variables because of the different additives. I am under the impression that many people have commented on IGI's 4633 (J223) and hopefully we can get better results with some of the newer batches.. This is the second confirmation about the new J223 being exactly the same as the old. I also got an email from IGI stating that they are exactly the same and that no changes have been made to it. I just thought I would pass this info on to all of you that use this wax.. Have a great day!

Teri

• 2 weeks later...

Firegirl, I wanted to bump your post about the 223. I got 10 cases from Lone Star (DFW area) in April. Just noticed huge diference, no trapped air, no water, very white. I can pour it without adding soy - perfect candle, no wet spots. This batch must have been at the TOP of their limits. Couldn't find this post before I did my own post!!