New

hello my name is glitter and am newish to candle making(used to make them when i was 12)

would really like to start but i dont know what equipment i need to start and as you can tell i LOVE glitter :drool: !!!!

How can you make glitter candles????

Thankyou :D

Lovely to meet you glitter! I'm pretty new here too. These guys are awesome!

Your name and your candle glitter idea reminds me of the very first candle I ever noticed :wink2: MANY years ago, well I was 8 and I am on the slippery side of 50 now, my Mom recieved a candle as a birthday present. It was a white pillar with whipped wax and glitter on the outside.

Watching it burn, the glitter sparkling through was just something so new and wonderful for my tiny 8 yr old brain that I was hooked for life! I doubt that anyone at the time knew what a big impression it made on me. Life is just like that sometimes.

Thanks for jogging my memory. You'll love it here. Personally I am pretty humble in my candle creations as I just make my own(sorry--without glitter) but you will get lots of help from the pros here.

Welcome:yay:

Hi Glitter! Welcome to CT! :yay:

Here's a one link serving of FAQ for noobs...

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=display;num=1112822236

There is a place here in town that sells candles with glitter on top. Various sizes, shapes, and colors of glitter sprinkled on top of the wax surface (container candles). The surface also has shaped moons and stars, if I remember correctly. It's very pretty, I find myself just standing & staring!

Haven't made any, so couldn't help there. Again, welcome!