double wicking

I am experimenting with the double wicking and am using wicks recomended here, but have found that since I am using small wicks ...when I get a deep wax pool, they start leaning. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??This was after about 2 hours, maybe 3 to 4" opening with 2 44z with 4786.

Every wick I have tried so far with J223 I can barely get a good melt pool, tried 44z, HTP 41 then 83?? I am using 4% of a candle cocoon FO

any suggestions?

I haven't used the 4786 , but I do use 1286. In my 3.5 inch diameter container I double wick with 36z's. Personally I found the container got too hot with my 44's but that could be the difference between the two waxes. I haven't had the leaning problem though.

I use J223 and zinc wicks - if you are using one 44z in a 3-4 container, that is too small - wick up a size or two....

As far as the 4786, I don't use that wax but have not had a zinc wick 'lean'...I have marathon burned 223 and the new GL 70/30, had a very deep mp and the wicks never leaned, just grew huge mushrooms! :undecided

How do you anchor your wicks? If I am double wicking, I use the 44's in an apothecary and while I don't like the speed it melts the wax, they do work.

Good Luck!

I am experimenting with the double wicking and am using wicks recomended here, but have found that since I am using small wicks ...when I get a deep wax pool, they start leaning. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??This was after about 2 hours, maybe 3 to 4" opening with 2 44z with 4786.

Every wick I have tried so far with J223 I can barely get a good melt pool, tried 44z, HTP 41 then 83?? I am using 4% of a candle cocoon FO

any suggestions?