GL 70/30 Blend 1st Tester

A board member sent me 1/2 lb of this wax to start testing with while I wait for my free sample. Made one in the C&S metro jar. Didn't pre-warm the jar and got a wet spot. Should have check the room temp 1st I guess. I poured at 175 but it was only 74 in the kitchen. I'll try pour a little hotter or warm the container on the next one. Used Peaks Ocean FO and ECO 6 wick.

After 16 1/2 hrs I'm really impresses with the hot throw and clean burn. Just wish those darn ECO wicks wouldn't curl to one side. Now I have to figure out how to adjust the wick position to accommodate the wick curl. The melt pool is 1/4" deep after 3 hrs and the MP temp is 132. I've not worked with a 70% soy before. Is the MP temp OK? Great color. Great cold throw. Hot throw was good. I only let it cure for 3 days. Couldn't stand waiting any longer. I've read on the veggie board that soy candles usually have to cure for a week or two. Is this also necessary for a blend? Looks like I might have to order a slab before my sample gets here. Any advise is appreciated.

Just poured a couple of 8 oz masons yesterday. I so want to burn them today, but after reading this post, I think I will wait. On Saturday, I poured Indonesia Teakwood and Magic of India in 4794. I poured each of them within 24 hours. I know I should have waited, but since the 4794 is not a soy wax, I figured what they hey. They both had a nice gentle hot throw. I think if I let them sit a bit longer, they will do better. I am def. happy with these scents in 4794 already. Pouring with the 70/30 was really easy and was a one pour with a nice even top like most people have been experiencing. I am experimenting with the eco wicks and the zinc wicks (definitely need more of this wax) to see what works. I know someone or two had posted that the zinc wicks had worked for them.